Sometimes it pays to sit back and let the end game play out a little more. Obama’s term is over, not because Republicans took the house, but because Republicans don’t want to play nice. The election was the first step in the ongoing conflict between the far right and the rest of us. Obama wants to make peace. In world history, Obama will play the role of Poland in 1939 while the Republicans will play the role of Nazi Germany. Republicans are out to exterminate liberals, not tolerate them. There is no peace on capital hill. Yet Obama wants to “work together” and have “constructive conversations” about policy.
Yeah, and pigs can fly. I feel certain that no one from the Obama camp reads this blog, so I can speak freely about what’s going to happen without concern that the President’s counselors will change the outcome based on my assessment. If they spent time understanding America and taking the correct action, the nation wouldn’t have 50 new Republicans in the Washington DC.
Just for fun, here are the top 5 problems for Obama and why he’s finished
1) Obamacare – not that it was a bad idea, but it wasn’t political enough. The administration did not go after the insurance companies. Sooo, the insurance companies sat quietly until the mid-terms. Now they’re back with an axe to grind and Obama is beginning to look like the Thanksgiving turkey…
Fixing the problem is simple – make politically difficult proposals to “correct” Obamacare. Take the Republican advice and make the system better. Then hammer the crew when they decide to not play. For example, change the wording to make sure Federal money will not be spent on abortion. But hammer the right to life crew for not helping get a better plan in place for women. Call them callous and shallow. Call them the very antithesis of Christianity. Changing the law is not Christian – take them on and make them look stupid.
2) National Debt. Obama wants to play nice and work on a plan to fix the deficit. What an idiot. The Republicans ran on fixing DC, let them fix it. Obama should sit back and expect the Republicans to balance the Federal budget. He should not offer compromises or help. He should remind them that they have a duty to solve the budget problem. They should be the ones to tell the seniors and the disabled that their care is being cut – or that college tuition money is drying up. Obama should stick it to them at every turn, telling the people that Republicans lie. Remember, the congressmen coming in promised to “fix it”. They didn’t say how. When they say how, jump all over them.
But Obama won’t do it.
3) Taxes. Obama needs to focus on item #2, and every time the Republicans say “cut taxes”, Obama should ask “and cut what services?” He needs to call them irresponsible on television. He needs to go to war over the money problem. He should ask them for an early balanced budget. When they don’t have one, he should go on the road and call them idiots and fools.
Obama is too chicken to take this one to the streets. Now I don’t think the Republicans are wrong and I do think we need to get our fiscal house in order, but Republicans ran on this ticket, they need to fix it. Let them explain the problem and get everyone to agree to take service cuts.
4) End the war, bring the troops home. Admit that it’s not possible to win in Afghanistan. Part a carrier off the coast and burn the fields. If Americans die at the hands of our enemies, punish the country of origin. Period. Make it other government’s responsibility to keep their people in check. Tell the Saudi’s they owe us 500 billion for the wars. Take it in free oil for the next 20 years. As I wrote in previous posts – it’s either guns OR butter. Fight a war or have health care. We cannot afford both.
5) The wimp factor. Let’s face it, Obama is now the official political wimp. After taking a beating, he should have regrouped, found his base again, and told the Republicans they could play by his rules or go to hell. Period. No compromises unless both sides want to compromise. If the Republicans want to have hearings on health care, fine, call any number of witnesses and make the Republicans look like Scrooge on Christmas Eve. The Republicans want tax breaks, trot out folks talking about how only the rich will get the break and everyone else takes a hit.
Obama needs to grow a spine, but he won’t. He hasn’t kept a single promise to the people. He still thinks the message is the issue. Yes, Republicans spent a lot of money on the mid-terms, but money wasn’t the issue. The Internet doesn’t cost, but there was no message. Obama accomplished nothing. He’s a waste of time and the Democrats need to recognize the toxic nature of his character and his associations. Otherwise, there might be another 50 new Republicans in DC in two years.